Blackwell Construction is a full service general contractor providing a wide array of building services to its clients. Starting in 2001, Blackwell Construction has built many different types of projects catering to a diverse clientele. We specialize in tackling unusual projects with challenging schedules.
Over the last 10 years, Blackwell Construction has provided a large variety of construction services in these areas:
- Institutional: Charter Schools. Blackwell has completed over 22 charter schools in the last 7 years making us one of the busiest charter school contractors on the West Coast.
- Commercial: Including financial institutions, general office and medical tenant improvements.
- Industrial: Tilt up and block warehouses, food processing plant renovations and owner-user facilities.
- Residential: Multi-family condominium and mixed use projects.
- Hospitality: Hotel renovations, athletic facilities and restaurants.
Blackwell Construction also has a concrete and site development division with over 30 tradesmen performing structural and decorative concrete, finish carpentry, irrigation and landscaping.
Gary Blackwell graduated from UCLA with a Bachelor of Arts in 1979. He is a licensed General Building Contractor in California with subcontracting licenses in Plumbing and Electrical. He also has a General Building Contractors license in Nevada. Gary is a third generation contractor who started working with his father while attending high school and college. He has over 35 years of experience on a variety of construction projects including commercial/industrial warehouse and offices, universities, primary and secondary schools, charter schools along with mixed used residential. He also has extensive experience in site development including city parks, street construction, site improvements for schools and private health facilities.